Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MCO, MCF, MFC...which is it?

I get different call letters each time this company calls. I do not know what they are calling about since they are doing what NCO does. They call through a computer, and have a message stating, "Press 1 to talk to a representative, or stay on the line."

So, I stayed on the line hearing this same message over and over until I hung up. To me if they want to talk to me they will need to call me personally. By the way, their number is 760-639-3500. These jerks obviously don't want their money since they keep on having their computer call me.

Now this makes two companies that are calling me everyday, over and over. Man, I wish I could go to law school and sue them once I was finished. They would probably lose their business once I would be finished with them. They should since I have been reading about NCO and its track record for breaking federal and state laws in an attempt to collect debts.

This annoying calling from both is getting on my nerves as I am sure it is getting on the nerves of others receiving the same calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment